Friday, June 10, 2011

Sesame Ginger Chicken

I'm a huge fan of cooking, especially when it's easy and comes out tasting gourmet. I created this recipe last night (although my Mom executed it). It's simple and has a ton of wow factor.

Ingredients:
2 Chicken Breasts; I used larger organic chicken because it was actually on sale
1/4 to 1/2 C Newman's Own Sesame Ginger Dressing
1C Rice, Uncooked
1-2 C Fresh Snow Peas; I broke mine into smaller bites for eating ease
1C Carrots, chopped
1 bottle of white wine

Directions:
-Chop chicken into bite size chunks, throw in a pan over medium heat with a small amount of olive oil, I usually go around the pan once.
-Once the chicken is cooked, pour the Sesame Ginger dressing over it making sure to stir thoroughly. Turn the heat down to low, cover and allow to simmer.
-While the rice and chicken simmer throw the peas and carrots together and steam them (I use the Pampered Chef Micro-Steamer, well worth the investment, I use it almost daily) and prepare rice according to the package directions. I have also used the Micro-Steamer to make rice and it turned out fantastic.
-While everything is cooking and simmering, crack open the bottle of wine and enjoy a glass, you deserve it.
-Once the chicken has simmered for around 20 minutes and the rice is ready, add the veggies to the chicken and serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment